Monday, July 11, 2011

Fit for a Queen

My first post for Simple and Posh Crafts! You may recognize the name from a little venture I had going for awhile there but we were on hold there pending some legislation that if passed would put a huge damper on us and guess what, it was passed and we've decided to say bye-bye to S & P.  I'm completely fine with it because it frees up my time to do what I love to do when I have a spare moment which is to get crafty. Right now I'm into card making and using my Cricut. My awesome husband surprised me with the anniversary edition Cricut Expression for Mother's Day and I am in awe of all of the things I can do with this thing!! So many ideas, too little time.


Over the weekend I needed to make a few cards for some upcoming birthdays and didn't have much time to do some designing so for one of them, I did something simple and actually I've made it before! This card it fit for a queen or a princess and it's even blinged out.

 
I used the Summer in Paris Cricut cartridge and it's one of my favorites. I never see much stuff out using this cartridge and wonder why. Maybe because the cuts are really intricate and take forever to punch out? Who knows but I love it. I added rhinestones to the crown to make it sparkle and left it blank on the inside so it can be used for any occasion.
 
Off to check the mail. Waiting for my new Cricut cartridge, Flower Shoppe. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment